"As a peer staff member, I believe that recovery is possible and that helping each other helps everyone of us." -M
Baltic Street, AEH, Inc. believes that individuals can
and do recover from mental illness. We work to support recovery efforts and to
decrease the stigma and alienation related to mental health diagnoses. We believe
that all persons should be treated with respect and compassion, and we value the
rights of all persons to transform their lives.
Our core values:
- We value the personal journey as an inalienable right.
- We value the personal and professional experiences of our staff and board members.
- We value mental health recipients’ recovery and empowerment.
- We value a mentoring philosophy led by a staff of primarily peers diagnosed with a mental illness.
- We value community action to change societal views.